Taking a stand for those without a voice
The 2016 Animal Justice Party Conference
Saturday September 24 9.00 am – 5.00 pm (Registration desk open from 8:15am)
First Floor, Sydney Mechanic’s School of Arts, 280 Pitt Street, Sydney
Abstract Deadline For Submission Extended To 5pm Friday, 2nd September 2016
Applicants need to submit an abstract of no more than 250 words with the following information:
- Paper or workshop title indicating which of the three streams it is to be considered for.
1. Policy & Organisational Direction
2. Engaging New People and Communicating the Message
3. Emerging Issues
- Contact details of the presenter and their affiliation
- Brief description of the paper or workshop. The description needs to demonstrate that the information to be presented is evidence based, new and important in relation to the AJP’s future.
We invite Abstracts for short paper presentations (30 minutes) and interactive workshops (90 minutes).
Short paper presentations will be grouped with related topics in a chaired session of 3 papers per 90 minute time slot on the Conference Program. For a 30 minute presentation you should use a format of 22 mins of presentation followed by 6 mins for a Question and Answer section at the end of your presentation.
Interactive Workshops have a 90 minute time slot and need to be participatory and have an interactive focus and clear outcomes. Workshops should involve some small group work or conversations in pairs in the audience and high levels of interaction between participants.
There will be a limited number of spots available for paper presentations and workshops.
Cost for Conference, all refreshments and lunch $75 or $50 for students and unwaged.
Should you require additional information on abstract submission or registrations please contact:
Greg Millan, Event Manager for Animal Justice Party
M: 0417 772 390