What you’ll gain
The AJP offers a supportive and friendly volunteer team dedicated to helping animals in law and policy throughout Queensland and Australia. Our Queensland branch is run solely by volunteers who dedicate their time and skills in order to help our animal friends. By volunteering, you’ll have a critical role in making real change for animals. You’ll also get to work alongside a great bunch of driven, intelligent, fun, diverse and inspiring people. You are bound to make friends with like-minded people and engage in interesting and meaningful work.
Who we’re looking for?
A passionate communications professional who wants to volunteer skills and time (approximately six hours per month) as our Newsletter Coordinator. This is an online role that can be performed anywhere in Queensland. You will be trained and supported by the AJP QLD Communications and Marketing Manager, and report directly to this manager.
Coordinate, write, edit and distribute the AJP QLD’s monthly member newsletter on time and in accordance with the Newsletter Content Plan and existing processes, procedures, including shepherding the review and approval process. Responsibilities also include:
- Developing and implementing content for AJP’s electronic publications.
- Compiling and writing articles and editing content as per the AJP’s monthly member newsletter schedule.
- Sourcing images and crediting images.
- Interviewing volunteers, members, candidates and members of the community.
- Researching AJP MP’s web and social media pages, as well as staying abreast of key activities of related charities, activist organisations and political parties.
- Creating digital content such as memes, short videos etc.
Skills and experience
- Background in publishing, communications and/or digital marketing
- Experience in writing newsletters or similar ongoing communicative content
- Keen eye for detail
- Editing experience
- Confidence with (are willingness to learn) online communication tools such as Mailchimp, Canva and Kepla
- Impeccable communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Value being part of a team
- Well organised
- You are a current AJP member and have been for a minimum of 12 months.
- You live a plant-based lifestyle.