We seek a new legal status for animals, acknowledging their right to live protected from human harm.
- To establish a federal Animal Rights Commission to investigate commercial animal exploitation and promote animal rights.
- To abolish the property status of animals and introduce uniform legislation protecting animals from human interference or harm.
- To introduce a publicly-funded Independent Animal Protection Agency (IAPA) in each state to enforce the new legislation.
- To facilitate information sharing between law enforcement agencies to stamp out animal abuse and interpersonal violence.
- To assert Australian sovereignty over all laws protecting animals, regardless of international trade treaties, until trading nations sign a Universal Convention of Non-Human Animal Rights.