Duration: 12 month fixed term
Time Commitment: Part time 20 hours per week
Location: Work from home
The Animal Justice Party was formed in response to a growing number of voters who feel strongly that much more needs to be done through the Australian parliamentary system to assist the wellbeing of animals. With thousands of members across Australia and elected MPs in both the NSW and Victorian Parliament, the Animal Justice Party is part of a rapidly growing international movement. Our vision is a planet on which animals are treated with respect, dignity and kindness, where they are able to flourish in their respective environments, and where their unique needs and capabilities are recognised and their interests protected.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the Senior Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative support to the Board of Directors and assist in the running and coordinating of the national day-to-day administrative duties of the Party.
- Assist the Board with the development and management of all internal governance and administrative requirements to ensure the Party meets legislative requirements.
- Assist the development and maintenance of national policies and procedures.
- Liaise with State Committees to maintain national records and databases.
- Organise Board meetings, coordinate Board meeting agendas and take minutes and follow up action items of Directors.
- Manage phone calls and emails, schedule appointments and organise calendars.
- Create, update and maintain Party Registers.
- Create, update and maintain documents and records.
- Manage national online filing system.
- Provide reports to the Board as directed.
- Maintain and update documentation including policies and procedures, registers and other documents as directed.
- Other duties as directed by the Board.
The Animal Justice Party is an equal opportunity organisation, which means we strongly encourage any interested and qualified people to apply – we don’t discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
To express your interest please send your CV and Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria to:
Applications close 5pm 20 September 2020