A lot of people worked very hard on the election campaign, and it’s disappointing that we didn’t achieve an end to live sheep export.
However, in South Australia, there is still much to celebrate.
- AJP SA stood candidates in all lower house seats for the first time ever.
- We had a record number of election volunteers.
- Over 28,000 South Australians voted 1 AJP in the lower house (2.77%).
- In three seats (Makin, Spence, and Kingston), AJP polled over 3.5% (this is close to the magic number of 4%, where we get our candidate fees reimbursed from the AEC .
- In the two huge SA country seats (Grey and Barker), AJP polled over 2.5%, similar to the metropolitan area.
While we more than doubled our vote relative to the 2016 Federal Election, we got a lower percentage in the upper house than at last year’s State Election. Currently the figure is just over 17,700 (1.8%), but it may rise to 20,000 when counting is finalised.
Our percentage vote statewide in the lower house of 2.77 is a record for AJP in any state.