Vote for a kinder Australian Capital Territory
The Animal Justice Party is running 10 candidates across the Australian Capital Territory to stand up for animals, people and the environment:
- Revitalise Canberra as the Bush Capital by creating nature corridors to protect wildlife from road deaths and replace barbed wire in wildlife habitats.
- Introduce laws to protect wildlife and ban the yearly kangaroo cull.
- Ban the use of lethal control for naturalised animal species, on a three-pronged rationale of; prohibiting animal cruelty, implementing effective rather than counter-productive control, and protecting native animals from downstream impacts.
- Redirect the $6million+ funding allocated to horse racing by ACT Government each year into the various animal and environmental projects.
- Help homeless, DVA and DFV animal guardians access overnight accommodation and/or refuges.
- Ban the use of poisons such as 1080 and Pindone and infectious diseases like calicivirus and myxomatosis.
- Introduce mobile watering stations for wildlife during drought conditions.
- Improve the public transport system to enable greater access to parks/reserves and allow companion animals on board.
- Instigate the use of trap, neuter, release, monitor (TNRM) programs for urban cat populations.
- Reduce the spread of zoonotic diseases such as COVID19 (SARS) by eliminating intensive animal production and confinement.
- Assist producers to transition from intensive animal agriculture to plant-based agriculture and phase out Pace Farms ACT Factory Farm.
- Promote a plant-based diet as an alternative to the present cruel, economically-driven food policies.
- Introduce shelter and water policies to farmlands agisting farmed animals.
- Ban the exploitation of animals in entertainment, including petting zoos, best-in-show, horse racing, and baby animal racing.
- Introduce dusk and dawn speed limits for roads surrounding reserves.
- Establish an Independent Animal Protection Agency.
- Represent non-human animals in our education system.
- Support a ban on live animal exports.
We are the only political party dedicated to the protection of animals and nature, and we need your support.