We seek a new legal status for animals, acknowledging their right to live protected from human harm.
- To establish a Federal and Independent Office of Animal Welfare with powers of prosecution.
- To implement a national approach to protecting animals under the law.
- To improve enforcement of laws governing the welfare and protection of animals.
- To ensure fairer evidentiary burdens on those responsible for prosecuting animal cruelty.
- To assert Australian sovereignty over all laws regarding animals, regardless of international trade treaties.