Our aims and priorities are to:
- Build up the AJP membership in the ACT, maintain our registration as a political party and run candidates in the Territory election in 2020.
- prepare submissions on government animal-related projects, particularly projects that include the introduction of protection laws for kangaroos and non-lethal management practices.
- Redirecting $6.3M funding, currently allocated to the racing industry, towards Community and improved health based projects.
- Meet Legislative Assembly members to discuss and promote AJP policies such as the establishment of an Independent Animal Protection Agency.
- Develop a working relationship with animal protection and welfare groups in the ACT.
- Ending the use of poisons ie: 1080 and pindone, and the release of infectious diseases like calicivirus and myxomatosis into the environment.
- Identify events that AJP can take part in and have stalls to spread the word about the AJP, and continue to build up our membership.
- Continue to maintain and post regular updates on our AJP ACT Facebook page.
- Send out quarterly newsletters to our members.
- Host fundraising events with special guests.
Interested to know more? Send Kyla a message or phone (0424 844 354) for more information.