The Australian Capital Territory AJP Branch Committee meets monthly to plan future activities and to go through tasks.
Our aims and priorities are to:
- build up the AJP membership in the ACT, maintain our registration as a political party and run candidates in the Territory election in 2020;
- prepare submissions on government animal-related projects, in particular projects that include the annual kangaroo slaughter;
- meet Legislative Assembly members to discuss and promote AJP policies such as an independent Office of Animal Affairs
- develop a working relationship with animal protection and welfare groups in the ACT.
- identify events that we can take part in and have a stall to spread the word about the AJP, and continue to build up our membership
- continue to maintain and post regular updates on our AJP ACT Facebook page
- send out quarterly newsletters to our members; and
- host fundraising events with special guests.
Interested to know more? Send Robyn a message or phone (0424 191 561) for more information.